Tuesday, September 15, 2009

U2 360 Tour Soldier Field


We were lucky enough to get amazing seats for the U2 tour opener at Soldier Field on Saturday (thanks Missy!) and it was quite a show. Bono repeatedly referred to the staging as a "spaceship" which was the only way to describe it. It was definitely a spectacle, but it came off as cool and the 360 degree stage let the whole audience see what was happening in a stadium that holds over 60,000 people. My favorite part came almost halfway when the entire stadium sang along to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and a cover of Stand by Me by Ben E. King. Chills. The set ended with an encore that included With or Without You and a giant disco ball that sent glittering lights over the whole audience. Chills again.

Set List
1 Breathe
2 No Line on the Horizon
3 Get On Your Boots
4 Magnificent
5 Beautiful Day/Blackbird (Beatles snippet)
6 Elevation
7 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Stand By Me (Ben E. King snippet)
8 Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
9 Unknown Caller
10 The Unforgettable Fire
11 City Of Blinding Lights
12 Vertigo
13 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
14 Sunday Bloody Sunday/Oliver's Army (Elvis Costello snippet)
15 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16 MLK
17 Walk On/You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
18 Where The Streets Have No Name
Encore
19 One
20 Bad/40 (snippet)

Second encore
21 Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
22 With Or Without You
23 Moment of Surrender

Photo via U2

No comments:

Post a Comment