We made bloody marys for world cup final watching this weekend, paying special attention to my favorite part- the garnish. Our skewer featured genoa salame, swiss cheese, pickles and a pimiento stuffed olive with a celery stalk on the side. YUM.
- 1 quart vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons celery salt, plus more for rimming the glass (after making this, I think a little less is better)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Lime wedges
- Celery stalks, for garnish
- Large green olives, for garnish
In a large pitcher combine the vegetable juice, celery salt, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha and sherry vinegar. Stir well to combine.
Add some celery salt to a small plate.
Run a lime wedge around the edge of the cocktail glasses and then dip the glasses in the celery salt. Fill the glasses 2/3 of the way with ice cubes. Add 2 ounces of vodka to each glass and then fill the rest of the way with the Bloody Mary mix. Stir to combine and garnish with celery stalks and olives.