Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gourmet


I was so sad to read the news that Conde Nast is closing its magazine Gourmet along with Cookie, Modern Bride and Elegant Bride. It seems surprising, given Gourmet's rich history and status that it would be on the chopping block. Conde Nast says they plan to continue the Gourmet brand and Epicurious website (phew) so we will see. I will especially miss the December holiday issues....
One of my all time favorite and most used Gourmet recipes is their Basic Butter Cookie Dough. It can be used as the base for many other types of cookies. As butter cookies, sometimes I like to frost them when they are cooled. Sometimes I like to cut them in fun shapes and add sprinkles. They are delicious plain with a cup of tea. When I am really feeling it, I like to cut them out and make sandwiches out of them with a layer of jam between. And if they are especially good, I like to dip the sandwiched cookie in melted chocolate and let them cool on parchment paper. My mom taught me that trick. YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment